One of the most popular airlines in the Philippines is Cebu Pacific Air. Here is a guide on how to become a flight attendant in this company. Write down the steps, requirements, qualifications and tips of the hiring process below.
Also read:5 common answers to "Why do you want to be a cabin crew?"
Cebu Pacific Airlines, Philippines is hiring cabin crew to support its expansion plans and growing fleet. Cebu Pacific is the largest low-cost airline in the Philippines and is looking for people to be responsible for the safety of its passengers.
“We are looking for fun and dynamic people to join our growing Cebu-Pacific family. These career opportunities can pave the way for unlimited travel benefits, competitive compensation packages closer to home, and annual incentive awards. We encourage everyone to join us to provide quality services worldwide,” said Candice Iyog, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at CEB.
Don't miss this opportunity to travel and join this leading airline in the Philippines and enjoy various benefits such as unlimited travel benefits, health insurance, annual performance bonus while working in an environment with young, dynamic, motivated and fun people. 🇧🇷 People.
Also read:Answer: Why do you want to work for our airline?
Before applying, make sure you meet the cabin crew requirements so you don't waste time.
Table of Contents
Cebu Pacific has carried more than 100 million passengers over the past 19 years and flies to more than 60 destinations in Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
If you have excellent customer service skills and a pleasant personality, try applying for this position at Cebu Pacific Air. Candidates are expected to be able to ensure the safety of their guests on board the aircraft.
They are also expected to make the flight experience for their guests fun, memorable and enjoyable. If you think you might be that person, please register for the work event dates below.
- Ensures the safety of guests on board the aircraft
- Ensures passengers have a fun and enjoyable flight experience
Review the events and job requirements below to ensure you meet the criteria when applying for the job.
- Age: 18-25 years old
- Height: Female: At least 5'3″; Male: At least 5'7″
- Weight: proportional to height
- Fair skin, good eyesight and a winning smile.
- Education: University level
- Fluent in English and Filipino languages.
- dynamic personality
- Ready to be deployed outside of Metro Manila
- You have a valid Filipino passport
Here is a list of document requirements that you must prepare and bring with you during the flight attendant interview:
- Resume updated with 2×2 photo
- Wear business attire (preferably sleeveless top with blazer, skirt below the knee, no socks)
How to apply online for a flight attendant job in Cebu Pacific
To search for a Cebu Pac cabin crew job online, you can visit thecurrent pagefrom the airline via their website here –https://jgsummit.darwinbox.com/ms/candidate/a610f788ec3e0b/careers
Step 1: Go to Cebu Pacific jobs page.
Step 2 - Search for the job title/role "flight attendant".
Step 3: Click on the "Apply" button. You must register an account.
Step 4: Follow the application steps.
Step 5. Submit your application online and wait for a response from the Cebu Pacific team.
Here is an example of the recruitment and job description page for the Cabin Crew for Cebu Pac title. Please visit this page for details of the upcoming recruitment process.
Position: cabin crew
Minimum height of 5'3 for women and 5'7 for men.
Must be 18 years or older. SHS graduates and students can apply.
No visible tattoos.
Proficiency in Filipino and English.
Ready to be deployed outside of Metro Manila.
How to Get a Job in Cebu Pacific Through Bulk/Open House Recruitment Process
From time to time there will be cabin crew open house events or job interviews. So you should stay up to date with the company and save the website in your browser for the latest updates in case they do bulk employment in your city/province.
Step 1 - Follow Cebu Pacific website and social media pages.
Step 2: Once an advertisement for the cabin crew open house has been posted, prepare your resume and documentation.
Step 3: Wear the required clothing for the day of the application. It is usually business casual clothing.
Step 4: Go to the Mass Hiring Open House Event and submit your application.
Step 5: If you pass the admission interview, there is an assessment and the next steps in the interview process. You must go through these events to become a flight attendant for this airline.
Cebu Pacific Cabin Crew Job Training Process
After going through all the interview and selection steps for the job, you will be given a day and time for flight attendant training. You must also pass a medical examination and present your documents.
The training lasts approximately 2 months at Cebu Pacific Head Office. You have to pass the training exams and have 3 chances. Unfortunately, if you fail any of these exams/exercises and have exhausted all 3 important options, you will not be able to continue with the training.
After the initial training, you will start working in the cockpit as a trainee flight attendant. You will be assisted by a cabin crew leader throughout the operational flight. Therefore, you must learn as much as possible during this process.
After the internship, your final exam is called: Check Ride. This is a practical exam with an oral exam with your supervisor. This is the final step and once you pass it you will have earned your wings to become a Cebu Pacific flight attendant.
So, as you can see, the hiring and training process is quite challenging and only the best will be able to earn their wings.
Flight Attendant Cebu Pac Monthly Salary
The average monthly salary of a Cebu Pacific airline cabin crew member isPHP 52,000 to PHP 58,000 per month.
In case you are wondering what a crew salary and benefits are for this airline, here is a guide to help you. The information posted below is based on a video shared by a cabin crew on their YouTube vlog.
Disclaimer: Information is an estimate only.
The salary of a crew in Cebu Pac is NOT fixed as it depends on base salary plus flight time salary. Here are the details:
Base Salary (Fixed Salary) - PHP 14,300 (Starting Salary)
Flight Time Fee: PHP 350 per hour (assuming an average flight time of 70-90 hours per month)
To give an example,PHP 14,300 plus (70 hours x PHP 350) = PHP 38,800
Stopover Allowance (Per Diem) - $50 per night
Based on the calculation above, the minimum wage you can likely earn in Cebu Pacific is PHP 38,800 per month, plus the roster allowance.
Other things to consider when considering salary
- Transportation Fee: PHP 300 per flight service
- Airport Waiting Fee: PHP 65 per hour (average 6 hours per wait)
- Meal Allowance - PHP 60 - PHP 80
- Commission – PHP 1000 – PHP 2000 (average per month)
So, these are the factors that influence the salary of a Cebu Pac flight attendant. Watch this video below. Salary information is at 5:11 min.
Here, too, based on the information provided by the vlogger, the average monthly salary that he earns in a month appliesPHP 52,000 to PHP 58,000 per month
Cebu Pacific Air Cabin Crew Member Benefits
As we mentioned earlier, the average salary is around PHP 52,000. It's time to see the benefits you can receive as a Cebu Pacific employee. Please see the following details below:
- 13th Monthly Payment: As required by Philippine labor law
- Paid sick leave and paid annual leave
- retirement program
- medical plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Annual Bonus - Based on profit sharing
- Purchase fee: quarterly (PHP 2000)
- Christmas Shopping Grant (PHP 1200)
- Travel Benefits
- The crew can stay abroadFlight stopovers from 1 to 3 nightswith daily fares, some international destinations such as Sydney, Melbourne, Japan, Taipei, Singapore, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and other international flights are available
- Unlimited domestic flights (only pay terminal fees and taxes less than PHP 500)
- FREE 6 international flights per year (only pay travel fees)
- 6 FREE return flights per year for dependents (domestic or international)
Video: Flight attendant recruitment process at Cebu Pac
This video shared by a Cebu Pacific flight attendant shares her experiences and tips on how she got her job at Cebu Pacific. It highlights some important details about this airline's contract phase.
Some of the important tips include things you should prepare before applying.
1.take care of your skin🇧🇷 Recruiters will examine your skin as it needs to look presentable.
2. Research: core values, company mission/vision, standards of readiness, etc.
3. Prepare your certificates: CV correctly highlighted
4. Practice your communication skills: When introducing yourself, it's important to practice how you speak.
Check out the full video below
Photos: Cebu Pacific cabin crew uniforms
Take a look at these photos of Cebu Pacific flight attendants in uniform to get an idea of what it's like to work for this company if you apply here:
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers about the Cebu Pacific flight attendant job and application:
1. Is it difficult to apply for Cebu Pacific crew member?
As long as you meet the requirements and pass the selection exams, you can easily apply to be a crew member. It is difficult in the sense that you apply with many applicants and the airline will select only a few applicants during their open house.
2. Do I have to have perfect teeth to work as a Cabin Crew Member?
No mention you should haveperfect and complete teeth🇧🇷 But please note that you must have a presentable smile.
3. Do I have to be pretty to be hired on a team?
No, beauty is subjective to the person. You only need to be presentable as this is a customer-facing role.
4. What height is required to apply for Cebu Pacific?
5'3" for women, 5'7" for men
5. Do I need a college degree?
Being single is a minimum requirement. It's still nice to finish a title.
6. Do I need perfect vision?
No, because you can only wear contact lenses. Glasses and contact lenses are allowed when flying to Cebu Pac as cabin crew.
7. Do I have to speak good English?
Yes, you must be fluent in English as a crew member as you will be studying and training with English language materials. You will also deal with customers other than Filipinos. Therefore, you must be able to communicate in English.
8. How difficult is the training in Cebu Pacific?
This is a safety and flight position, so you must pass all training exams. If you fail the training three times, you are unemployed.
9. Do I have to be able to swim to become a crew member?
Swimming skills are an advantage. But it's not the main requirement. Still, you must be willing to learn because swimming is part of the training process.
10. Will I receive a salary during the training?
There is a minimum amount for the training grant. But it won't be enough to cover your daily expenses. You will only receive the training grant after you have successfully completed your training.
11. How many days off do I have per week?
The default is 2 days off per week.
12. Is the flight attendant salary high?
Salary of a flight attendant in Cebu Pac is much higher compared to entry level jobs in most Filipino industries.
13. What are the disadvantages of working as a cabin crew member?
You can't expect to have a fixed schedule. You may miss special occasions (birthdays, vacations with loved ones). Therefore, you need to take care of your body during flight duty hours as you need to have a sleep pattern that is independent of duty hours.
If you are interested in a career as a cabin crew member with Cebu Pacific Airlines, please follow the steps and guidelines above. Flight attendants are the backbone of any airline, so it is important that you are qualified for the jobs.
Here are the tips, application process, salary and benefits and other details about this job in the Philippines. We hope this guide has been helpful in your journey as a crew member of this airline.
Adresse: Cebu Pacific Building, Domestic Airport Road, 1301 Pasay City, Philippinen
Telephone number: +1-8555-232722, +63 02 802 7000
- Application and Online Assessment. Each airline has a list of requirements that every applicant has to pass before submitting an online application. ...
- Assessment Day Introduction and Reach Test. ...
- Group Activities and Tests. ...
- Your In-Person Interview.
Example: “I'm confident I will be a good flight attendant because of my people skills, professionalism, ability to remain calm during a crisis, and my focus on providing great customer experiences.What are the chances of getting hired as a flight attendant? ›
Intense Competition. We estimate there are 1 – 1.5 million flight attendant applications for 5,000 – 10,000 jobs. Get Hired Fast! Our school provides a fast track program where you can obtain training and job offers in just weeks!How much is the salary of Cebu Pacific cabin crew? ›
Salary and Benefits
A Cebu Pacific Air flight attendant's base salary is approximately PHP 14,000 – 16,000 per month. You will also receive a Flying Time Pay per hour, which is typically PHP 350 per hour. A flight attendant can often fly 70 — 90 hours per month, with a maximum of 1,000 hours per year.
Cabin crew interviews are demanding and there are lots of interview stages to pass. Speaking with the recruiter is the one chance a candidate has to really impress. Learning what kind of questions will be asked and practicing responses is the best way to stand out and show that you have done your homework.How do you pass the cabin crew interview? ›
- Shortlisting Process of Cabin Crew. Resume: ...
- Tips for the Final Day.
- Confidence is the Key! Confidence speaks! ...
- Practice, and Prepare! `To be prepared is half the victory`. ...
- Research on the Airline. ...
- Grooming Matters. ...
- English Language Proficiency. ...
- Documentation Checklist.
The first thing you should do when answering “why should we hire you?” is to highlight any skills and professional experience that are relevant to the position you're applying for. To make your answer all the more valid, make sure to always back up everything you say with examples, experiences, and achievements.
Your answer to the "tell me about yourself" question should describe your current situation, your past job experience, the reason you're a good fit for the role, and how you align with the company values. Tell the interviewer about your current position and a recent big accomplishment or positive feedback you received.What makes you a good fit for this job flight attendant? ›
“There are many qualities that make someone a good flight attendant. The top three are customer service, teamwork, and professionalism. Our primary job is to make sure the passenger has a good experience. Everything you do on a flight involves at least two, if not more team members.How do you stand out on a flight attendant application? ›
- Customer Service.
- Safety Orientation.
- Public Speaking.
- Keep your resume updated. ...
- Find a clean, quiet room for video interviews. ...
- Dress appropriately. ...
- Check your social media. ...
- Practice interviewing. ...
- Arrive early. ...
- Stay organized. ...
- Be friendly.
Aviation Authority Background Check: (FAA / CAA etc)
Certain previous convictions such as crimes involving an aircraft or any violent crime, felony or time spent in jail would prevent you from being able to work as a Flight Attendant.
- Delta. 4.2 $78,071per year. 4,466 reviews9 salaries reported.
- Corporate Air LLC. 2.3 $53,426per year. 9 reviews6 salaries reported.
- Delta. 3.9 $50,877per year. ...
- Southwest Airlines. 4.3 $48,109per year. ...
- United Airlines. 4.0 $44,167per year. ...
- Show more companies.
- Emirates Airlines Cabin Crew Salary - ₹13.9 Lakhs per year.
- Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Salary - ₹11.5 Lakhs per year.
- Saudi Arabian Airlines Cabin Crew Salary - ₹7.6 Lakhs per year.
- Jet Airways Cabin Crew Salary - ₹6.5 Lakhs per year.
- Etihad Airways. 4.1 ₹83,835per month. 931 reviews57 salaries reported.
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG. 4.1 ₹43,582per month. 398 reviews6 salaries reported.
- GoAir. 3.8 ₹37,105per month. 125 reviews8 salaries reported.
- Jet Airways. 4.1 ₹35,098per month. 801 reviews5 salaries reported.
Use common sense and avoid swear words or any sort of lewd conversation or mundane complaints about your day; remember, this is a job that requires you to put on a pleasant public face. Above all, never lie to an interviewer; even if lying scores you the job, it's likely to come back and haunt you down the line.What are the 4 rounds in cabin crew interview? ›
The first round was Bmi check up, followed by HR round. The third round was Aptitude Test, followed by final One-on-one round. I applied via Company Website and was interviewed in Nov 2021.How to introduce yourself in interview? ›
Speak slowly and clearly when introducing yourself in the interview. Begin by giving your brief background details such as your name, where you live, and your education. You can also add your family details and their occupation. And then keep on sharing your work experience, if any, and your interests and hobbies.Is the cabin crew exam easy? ›
The cabin crew selection process is not easy to pass. The competition is often fierce and you will need to demonstrate to the assessors that you have the ability to demonstrate the key skills and qualities required to perform the role adequately.Why do you want this position? ›
Mention any skills or work experience that makes you a unique, strong candidate for the job. If possible, use numbers to express how you can add value to the business. For example, if you saved your previous company a certain amount of money, mention this, and say that you want to do the same for this company.
As I am a fresher I have good theoretical knowledge and communication skills if you hire me I can showcase my skills towards your company and I am very honest towards my work I think it is an excellent platform to start my career in your company. I am a very open-minded person who can learn very fast.How do I say interesting about myself? ›
- An interesting hobby.
- A less common instrument you play.
- A weird sport you practice.
- An interesting language you're learning.
- Your biggest achievement at work.
- Your biggest achievement outside of work.
- A unique life experience.
- A hidden talent.
- Decide what you can do. Pinpoint which parts of the situation you have the power to change or influence for the better. ...
- Get support. Find someone to talk to about your situation. ...
- Care for yourself. Take especially good care of yourself when stress in your life is high.
- Attentiveness. Flight attendants must be aware of security or safety risks during the flight. ...
- Communication skills. Flight attendants should speak clearly and interact effectively with passengers and other crewmembers. ...
- Customer-service skills. ...
- Decision-making skills. ...
- Physical stamina.
- What do you personally like most about working for this organisation? ...
- How would you describe your organisation's culture? ...
- Can you tell me about the kind of supervision you provide? ...
- What have past employees done to succeed in this position?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why are you interested in working for this company?
- Tell me about your education.
- Why have you chosen this particular field?
- Describe your best/worst boss.
- In a job, what interests you most/least?
- What is your major weakness?
- Make a header. Every cover letter begins with a professional header that provides up-to-date contact details. ...
- Write an introduction. ...
- Elaborate on your interest in the role. ...
- Outline your professional history and skills. ...
- Ask the employer to contact you. ...
- Sign off the email.
Flight attendants should have poise, tact, and resourcefulness to handle stressful situations and meet passengers' needs.Which airline is the hardest to become a flight attendant? ›
While some airlines are more rigid once you have actually been employed, Singapore Airlines has some of the most strict processes to get a job with them. They have been known to have over five different rounds of interviews even to get close to the intense training they require for flight attendants.What is an excellent question to ask the interviewer? ›
Smart questions to ask about the interviewer
Has your role changed since you've been here? What did you do before this? Why did you come to this company? What's your favorite part about working here?
- Pumps with 1 ½ inch heel are standard.
- Choose a color that compliments your suit and handbag – black, brown, burgundy or navy.
- Avoid open toe shoes, high boots, stiletto heels and white shoes.
As safety is an imperative for all the airlines, your potential airline will carry out a criminal record check to ascertain whether you have any unspent convictions, or have had any convictions in the past which could affect your suitability for the position.How much do you have to weigh to be a flight attendant? ›
Flight attendants have no set weight requirements, as body types can vary even if two people are the same height and weight. It's impossible to give a size or weight for the jumpseat because some harnesses are smaller than others, and people carry weight differently.How hard is it to pass flight attendant training? ›
The training is very tough and intense but, if you make it through, it's the best learning experience and you will gain lifelong skills. It is a stressful time, and has to be, because flight attendants may have to deal with an emergency and must be calm and focused in such an event.Which airline is best to work for? ›
- Southwest Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines.
- Hawaiian Airlines.
- JetBlue Airways.
- Sun Country Airlines.
- Breeze Airways.
- Air Transat.
- Air Canada.
However, some US airlines do offer extra flights (not at an overtime rate) to their flight attendants, enabling them to increase their compensation. Overtime doesn't exist per se but extra work can be picked up as long as it is within the flight time limitations.
The answer is no. As a condition of employment for any airline employee, you cannot get a second job working for a competitor. This means you cannot work for another airline.What is the age limit for cabin crew? ›
Female Indian nationals, with Indian Passport, minimum age 18 years. Educational Qualification : Passed 10+2 examination, from a recognized Board or University. Communication: Fluency and clarity of speech in English and Hindi.How many hours do flight attendants work? ›
Typically, flight attendants work 12 to 14 days and log 65 to 85 flight hours on average each month, not including overtime. Flight attendants are only paid once the boarding doors are closed. There are two types of flight attendant schedules, reserve schedules, and fine holder schedules.What state pays flight attendants the most? ›
Air India announces voluntary retirement for cabin crew, relaxes age criteria to 40 years from 55.Do flight attendants get paid every 2 weeks? ›
Flight Attendants get paid monthly.Do flight attendants get paid in between flights? ›
Flight attendants are only paid for their flight time. This means they are not compensated when they are walking through the airport to get to a gate or waiting for the aircraft to arrive.What is cabin crew hiring process? ›
Since the pandemic, some airlines offer a pre-screening interview before the assessment day. At the assessment day, there will be a chance to meet the recruiters (often ex-cabin crew) and watch a presentation on the airline. A reach test, then takes place to check that the person can reach the correct height.Is being cabin crew hard? ›
Entry requirements and competition – it is not easy becoming a flight attendant. The application process can be lengthy, the entry requirements are strict, and the training is intense. There is also a lot of competition for permanent roles. Individuals will need to work hard to be successful.Can you fail cabin crew training? ›
'As a Cabin Crew trainer, I had to fail 19 students in 6 months. This was for anything from being late to class to failing a particular test. They get a few chances and would only lose a point or two for each fail, but these add up and sadly this does cost some of them the chance to continue. 'Can you go home during flight attendant training? ›
Schedules like these are common for working flight attendants, so their training is designed to get them adjusted to their new life early on. During training, there are no long weekends, no going home for a visit, no holidays— just multiple weeks' worth of hard work.What is the most difficult part of cabin crew job? ›
- Recruitment process. It is very hard to get a job as a flight attendant. ...
- Training days. The training is very tough and intense but, if you make it through, it's the best learning experience and you will gain lifelong skills. ...
- Lifestyle. ...
- Salary. ...
- Health. ...
- Career change.
15 general cabin crew interview questions
Why did you leave your previous job, and what are you looking for in a new position? What are three of your strengths that you believe would help you succeed as a cabin crew member? What do you think would be the most challenging part of working as a cabin crew member?
The Maximum age to apply for cabin crew position for freshers/ inexperienced (non -cabin crew) candidate is 27 years. 2. What is the minimum height criteria to be eligible for cabin crew? The Minimum height criteria is 155 cm.
What Happens at a Cabin Crew Interview? You can expect the interview to last around 30-40 minutes, and to be made up of competency based and behavioural questions.How long is a cabin crew interview? ›
Step 3 – The Interview
This Cabin Crew Interview will normally last around 30 minutes and contains more questions to assess your suitability for the role. It gives you the opportunity to prove yourself to the recruiters and give detailed answers to show that you have the skills that they are looking for.
Before the interview, they are told about the payroll and benefit package the Qatar Airways flight attendants receive . The final interview takes about 10-15 minutes for each candidate and focuses on a series of questions based on your CV, previous experience, readiness to relocate and so on.Can I be a cabin crew without experience? ›
You could start by doing a cabin crew advanced apprenticeship. This will usually take 12 months to complete. You'll do on-the-job training and spend time with a college or training provider.How long is the cabin crew training? ›
This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 45-60 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.